Trade Show Exhibit Design and Build Timeline
There are many elements involved in mounting a successful and productive trade show exhibit. As with almost everything, planning is paramount to a successful trade show booth design and build. When the process is thought out, a schedule created and adhered to, the creation of your trade show display will go smoothly. To help with this, we’ve put together a timeline of a design and build and suggestions for when each element should occur.
ONE YEAR OR MORE PRIOR TO THE SHOW
- Evaluate the trade show you will be attending to develop a strategy. What industries will be attending? What types of people will be attending? What will they hope to achieve by attending the show?
- Before any checks are written, take the time to develop a comprehensive and detailed budget. Be sure to include all related costs so there are no surprises for you (or accounting) when the show is over.
- After considering the layout of the show and the expected traffic patterns, choose your location to best meet the needs uncovered during the preparation stage. Take note of anything that needs to be accommodated in the booth design.
SIX MONTHS PRIOR
- Review strategy, update if necessary and expand on objectives.
- Assess display needs and determine if needs include a new trade show exhibit, refurbishment or new graphics.
- Communicate strategy and objectives to the display house and work with them on design.
- Ensure that the display house has all the information they need about the show venue; location, space size, dates, special considerations, etc.
FOUR MONTHS PRIOR
- Finalize trade show booth design, develop graphics, and create visuals and product display strategy.
- Provide venue information to transportation company and any other vendors involved with moving or setting up.
- Check with your exhibit company to see if they can offer turnkey services to coordinate logistics and show services. Many do, and can simplify the experience for you.
ONE MONTH PRIOR
- Preview new or refurbished exhibit and finalize graphics.
- Confirm shipment arrangements, installation/dismantling schedule and show services with display company.
AT THE SHOW
- Make contacts, get leads and enjoy the compliments you receive on your amazing booth.
With nearly 25 years of custom trade show exhibit design and build experience, Loran Associates has the expertise to ensure that the your trade show booth meets your needs and is delivered on time. Take a look at some of the amazing projects we have completed for our clients in our portfolio and contact us to find out how our talents can showcase your products.